UP Application, Applications for study at the University of Pretoria in 2020 are fully online.
Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Pretoria to better anticipate the needs arising from these disabilities.
Before starting the application process, please:
- Review the checklist at the end of this document, to take notice of all pre-requisites. You will need to have certain information ready, as well as certain supporting documents available electronically, without which you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) .
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.