Before continuing please read the admission requirements of the University of Pretoria.
Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Pretoria does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable. It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email and postal addresses to enable the University of Pretoria to communicate with you directly.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application. Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Pretoria to better anticipate the needs arising from these disabilities.
Applying via Online Application
Please be informed that payment of your online application, is not the final step.
You still need to click on “VERIFY” and “APPLY”.Important note: It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload required supporting .pdf documents.
It is also the responsibility of the applicant to verify and finally click on “apply” to submit an online application.
The online application system is not intended for use by students presently registered and studying at the University of Pretoria. Please contact your Faculty should you wish to change to another field of study or if you wish to pursue a different degree. Important! If you have not clicked on VERIFY and APPLY as your last two steps, your application has not officially been submitted to the University of Pretoria.
International Students/ Non South African Citizens:
Kindly contact: International Student Division (ISD) via email: email@example.com and click here for more information about these categories.
Before starting the application process, please:
- Review the checklist at the end of this document, to take notice of all pre-requisites. You will need to have certain information ready, as well as certain supporting documents available electronically, without which you will not be able to complete your online application.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format, AND
- Either paid the application fee by credit card OR uploaded proof of bank deposit at Standard Bank, Account Number 012602604 (see checklist) .
- If you have not clicked APPLY, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has been successfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by email what your allocated student number (EMPLID) is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on the student portal.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT! This site requires Internet Explorer (IE) version 7 or 8 or higher browsers.
DATA INPUTS: When you access the Online Application you will be requested to provide an email address to which UP can send communications.
- Please take care not to make typing errors when providing your email address.
- If you require a brand new email address, create a new gmail email address
As part of the application process you will be required to capture your South African National ID number or, if you are an international applicant, your Passport number.
- You will later need to scan your ID/Passport document so that it is available to be uploaded.
When you start using the Online Application you will be requested to indicate the “Career” for which you are applying.
- If you have never studied before or have not obtained any degree yet (new first year students), please select Undergraduate career.
- If you have already obtained one or more degree/s, please select Postgraduate career.
If you are applying as an undergraduate applicant for the first time, you will need to capture the details of your School and School results, which could be either of the following:
- Your year-end Grade 11 marks, or
- If you have already completed Grade 12, your final Grade 12 results.
- You will later need to scan schools results so that it is available to be uploaded.
Warning: When you get to the screen where you are requested to capture the marks, please ensure that you capture your marks/symbols accurately and in the sequence as reflected on your school document. If you record your marks incorrectly, the University reserves the right to reject or revoke your admission.
If you are applying to study towards a postgraduate degree, you will be requested to capture the details of your previous degree(s), eg Degree description, institution and year of graduation.
- A comprehensive certified academic record will need to be scanned and uploaded, as well as a certificate of conduct.
- Faculties may later require additional and/or original documents, depending on their specific admission requirements.
SCANNING AND UPLOADING OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS: You must – either yourself or via third parties eg certain camera/photographic shops – be able to scan each of the requested documents into separate files using a “PDF” file format. Refer to “Guidelines for preparing documents to be uploaded”. Ensure to save with Acrobat or CutePDF and not Acrobat Reader.
Convert any document to PDF to upload on your application.
You will later need to have these “PDF” files available on some form of electronic media (eg data disk, memory stick or your desktop) from which you can upload the necessary files as may be required during the application process.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to reject or revoke your admission if you provide incorrect, incomplete, illegible or fake documents.
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEE
APPLICATION FEE WAIVED:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
APPLICATION FEE:When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2017.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
STANDARD BANK Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
Information and Frequently Asked Questions: Study Application Fee
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE APPLIED?
After your application has been processed – whether it is an online or paper application – you will receive communication from the University of Pretoria, explaining how to access your Student Centre through the UP Student Portal, enabling you to track your progress and status, as well as other communications and possible outstanding items. Some applications for specialised fields might only be processed after the official closing date.
- ALLOCATION OF YOUR STUDENT NUMBER: If you have applied Online, you will receive a student number in your email inbox within approximately 15 working days after submission. Paper applications may take longer to process. You cannot access the student portal with your application number. Once you have a student number, you may create a profile as a new user on the portal.
- INFORMATION ON UNIVERSITY BURSARIES / FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Information on the application and allocation process will be sent to successful students by September. Candidates who are admitted after December should make enquiries at the Client Service Centre. The closing date for bursary or loan applications is 31 October. For comprehensive information please go to Fees and Funding.
- Postgraduate students are automatically considered for a UP Postgraduate Scholarship if they have enrolled before 31 May in the year of study. Scholarship awards are subject to approval by the Research Committee and are not guaranteed. Preference is given to students who enrol for a research Masters or Doctoral programme.
To check the status of your application, please click MyTUKS Login(UP Portal) to access your Student Centre.
Acceptance of admission
If you have been admitted conditionally or unconditionally, please visit the MyTUKS Login(UP Portal)‘Student Centre’ to accept or decline the place that has been allocated to you.
If you want to enquire about the following, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 420 3111:
- You did not receive a confirmation letter.
- Your status indicates “awaiting results” despite the fact that you have already submitted your results as requested on your application form.
- You want to change your study programme.
- Always state your name, surname, student number, ID number and contact number in your email and give an outline of your enquiry.
- Check the correctness of your personal information as well as the status of your application on the MyTUKS Login (UP Portal) regularly.
More University of Pretoria Details
University Of Pretoria Online Application Steps
UP Online Application Form 2024
UP Online Application 2024 Closing Date
UP Online Application Login
UP Online Application Status 2024
University Of Pretoria Undergraduate Online Application
University Of Pretoria Online Application Postgraduate
University Of Pretoria 2024 Application Fee
UP Application Closing Dates
UP Online Application 2024 Closing Date
UP Application Form 2024 Pdf
UP Application 2024
UP Prospectus 2024
UP Online Application 2024
UP Postgraduate Prospectus 2024
UP Undergraduate Prospectus 2024
University Of Pretoria Calendar 2024
University Of Pretoria Contact
University Of Pretoria Bursaries
UP Courses 2024
UP Important Dates
University of Pretoria Registration
University of Pretoria Registration Fee
University Of Pretoria Address
University Of Pretoria Library
University Of Pretoria Fees
University Of Pretoria Logo
University Of Pretoria Courses
University Of Pretoria Application Status
University Of Pretoria Vacancies
University Of Pretoria Application Requirements
University Of Pretoria Accommodation
University Of Pretoria Architecture
University Of Pretoria Application Forms 2024 Pdf
University Of Pretoria Banking Details
University Of Pretoria Business School
University Of Pretoria Brochure
University Of Pretoria Bursaries 2024
University Of Pretoria Bridging Courses
University Of Pretoria Contact Number
University Of Pretoria Computer Science
University Of Pretoria Distance Learning
University Of Pretoria Diploma Courses
University Of Pretoria Departments
University Of Pretoria Email Address
University Of Pretoria Engineering
University Of Pretoria Economics
University Of Pretoria Exam Timetable 2024
University Of Pretoria English Department
University Of Pretoria Finance
University Of Pretoria Faculties
University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Education
University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Law
University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Veterinary Science
University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Engineering
University Of Pretoria Graduation
University Of Pretoria Holidays 2024
University Of Pretoria Hillcrest Campus
University Of Pretoria History
University Of Pretoria HR Contact Details
University Of Pretoria Industrial Engineering
University Of Pretoria IT Courses
University Of Pretoria Journalism
University Of Pretoria June Exam Timetable
University Of Pretoria Key Dates
University Of Pretoria Law Library
University Of Pretoria Law Fees
University Of Pretoria Medical School
University Of Pretoria Main Campus
University Of Pretoria Masters Application
University Of Pretoria Media Studies
University Of Pretoria Nursing
University Of Pretoria Number
University Of Pretoria Nsfas
University Of Pretoria Online Application 2024
University Of Pretoria Online Courses
University Of Pretoria Open Day
University Of Pretoria Online Application Login
University Of Pretoria Online Registration
University Of Pretoria Portal
University Of Pretoria Psychology
University Of Pretoria Postgraduate Fees
University Of Pretoria Qualifications
University Of Pretoria Requirements
University Of Pretoria Ranking
University Of Pretoria Student Accommodation
University Of Pretoria Term Dates
University Of Pretoria Teaching Course Requirements
University Of Pretoria Term Dates 2024
University Of Pretoria Telephone Number
University Of Pretoria Transcripts
University Of Pretoria Up Portal
University Of Pretoria World Ranking
University Of Pretoria World Ranking 2024
University Of Pretoria Waiting List